Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Momentarily Tapped Out

I started a new job this week, and while so far it's been great, I must confess that I am exhausted! My brain is on overload taking in SO much new information, mentally I have been so spent at the end of the day that I haven't even had enough brainpower to watch a Law & Order rerun (gasp!) Thankfully I do have enough brainpower flip through an US Weekly - should this change though I will become worried.
So I'm afraid that I don't have the ability to conjure up anything highly or even moderately entertaining or insightful - so all I have is this, some of my pet peeves that I've noticed have been occurring with increasing frequency.
Peeve #1 - When you let someone in traffic and they don't give you the obligatory 'thank you' wave. When I don't get the wave that is the height of rudeness on the road! Wave when someone lets you in or face their future road rage in the future.
Peeve #2 - I like to linger over a meal when dining out as much as the next person but when I'm ready for the check I like the server to be readily available and prompt with closing out the bill. They hover around all night then instinctively once they sense I'm ready to leave they - poof - disappear for at least a half an hour. If someone was getting ready to pay me I would be sure to be all over that - why aren't they ?
Okay, that's all I've got after day 3 on the new job - we're lucky that I am still typing at this point in the evening.

No comments: