Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Most Under Appreciated Man In Show Business

There is a man in Hollywood who I believe is firmly underrated, he's been around for quite awhile and although he's old enough to be my dad I still think he is fabulous. That man is Mr. Tom Selleck, not only is he the only individual who has successfully pulled of the mustache for over 30 years but he has also been able to remain and attractive and appealing to several generations of tv viewers. While I vaguely remember him from his Magnum P.I. days where he sported the Tigers hat and short shorts (again a tough look to pull off but he manages!) to his brief stint on friends. I believe that in a large part Tom is responsible for my belief that the mustache can be an acceptable form of facial hair. The other person responsible for that is my dad (I cried when he shaved his off finally - I think I was about 13 at the time - it was traumatic!). So mustache disgressions aside, Tom is an all-around nice guy, you never hear anything bad about him, he's never been involved in any weird sex scandal (to my knowledge) and come on, anyone who can remain hot from 1980 to 2007 - that should be rewarded in and of itself. So take a moment and appreciated the mustachioed man (see I used the word mustachioed - ten bonus points!) who is highly underappreciated, and then pull up your tv guide and see if there is a rerun of Magnum on the classic station.

No comments: