Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Grow A Pair

Okay, as I've mentioned earlier, I am in the midst of the summer softball season, one of my favorite things. However, my co-ed 12 in. league also provides me with a MAJOR pet peeve - what is might you ask? Shockingly it's not that I get dirty or dusty when I play or even that the outfielders move in when I come up to bat (those fools) bur rather it is the terrible the awful, phenomenon of GUYS that WALK when they get up to bat. Hello?? How can you not just feel all of your testosterone dry up and fly away when you do that? Maybe if this was not a rec. league, and you were 17 versus 32 I could see you waiting for the perfect pitch, but come on! This is a large ball lobbed in the air and you're not going to swing at? This is unthinkable to me!I will swing at what I know is a bad pitch just to hit the ball because is SOFTBALL and you should be able to hit the darn thing. In the interest of full disclosure I must say that I am a pitcher so when these guys walk it irks me even more since they are walking on my pitches - how dare they! I can't even try to hide my disdain for them when they trot to first base, I think I will begin handing out tubes of lip gloss to them when they walk for any games from here on out. Terrible, shameful, all you Y chromosome walkers out there need to grow a pair!

No comments: