Sunday, October 28, 2007

Where I've Been Hiding

It's been an inexcusable three weeks since I've last posted but I was busy vacationing and the laptop just does not come with on vacation, that is a mandatory rule! I won't bore you with the details of my vacation, I know most people don't really care when they ask "how was your trip" but here it is in a nutshell. First went to Prague, gorgeous, colorful, classic European city - beautiful architecture, haunting setting, great local fare and beer - a must for anyone serious about seeing Europe. Next on to Vienna to visit friends, just the city you would envision it to be, lots of baroque, chandeliers, cafes, kuchen and more. I could easily envision Freud hanging out there in the day. If you visit definitely check out Schonnebruen (sp?) palace just outside of central Vienna, beautiful grounds and a zoo that will wow you! Finally, wrapped up the trip in Paso Robles, CA (can anyone say "jet lag"?) for a weekend celebrating the harvest in the Paso wine region. Lots of pinots, rhones and the like, while great, left me craving a beer by weekends end, a fun trip but I was ready to come home a nest a bit.
So now it's fall officially in Chicago after many weeks of glorious 70+ weather in October, I finally feel like cooking again and actually staying indoors during the weekend so I promise more faithful posting. I'll have a lot to discuss I'm sure, with half of my group of friends all being with child it provides for plenty of food for thought (and leaves me discussing breastfeeding far more often than I ever thought possible) .
That's all for now!

No comments: