Monday, November 12, 2007

A Thorough Examination

So just when I was thinking that I had nothing fun to blog about as of late, I had my annual gynecologist appointment today. (How many of you are just hating that you read that sentence right now!) Actually, it was a fairly quick and uneventful trip but as I am sitting on the examining table making the initial polite small talk (honestly if you can make small talk in that situation you should never fear cocktail parties - just a thought) the doctor pulls up my file on the computer and is just reviewing my file when he says "So are you still dating your boyfriend? It's been about four years, what's going on with that - when's he going to get to it?"
Oh no he didn't! I couldn't help but crack up and ask "what else do you have written in there!", so I can't wait to tell my "significant other" - he really wouldn't want his name tied to this post, that he lives in infamy in the computer system of Northwestern's gynecology department.

No comments: