Tuesday, January 8, 2008

They Wouldn't Cancel Tom & Peyton

So it's been awhile since my last post and the other day I was commenting on how I just didn't having anything to comment on that I felt I needed to post here, and my new roommate suggested that it might be because I am settling into my new, comfortable domestic bliss so my inspiration had dried up. I doubt that this is the case, more likely a post-holiday brain drain and general aversion to typing anything after having so many days off of work.
Then this past week something to fire me up, the cancellation of the Golden Globes! Not that the Golden Globes are my favorite thing in the world but as I was explaining to my roommate they are akin to the playoffs and the Oscars my Superbowl so of course when your playoffs get booted from the Sunday night lineup you're bound to get a little cranky. The writer's strike, fine whatever, I get that there is a lot of money to be made electronically but seriously they all need to get over themselves and give me awards shows and dresses to comment on. I have to think that the movie industry brings in more money than the NFL (for those of you that really care do the research) and yet here we are with no opportunity to see Johnny Depp or Keira Knightley win some justly deserved awards. However, there will never be a cancellation of the Superbowl, of that I'm sure, it just seems wrong and unfair - how am I to get through this dreary month of January with no superficial awards shows to watch?
I guess I'll just have to get buy on envisioning Tom Brady in a tux.


Also, on an unrelated note, one of my first posts on this blog was dedicated to my love of Law & Order, then recently I saw this NY Times article

Now I'm not calling myself high-powered or super successful but I'll just let you draw the parallel.

No comments: