Monday, March 3, 2008

Home, home on the range

Just a few comments about my absolutely lovely dinner at Schwa last Saturday. If Michael Carlson can pair sea urchin ice cream and pine flavor ice cream cone and make it a delicious option that seems natural to pair together then honestly the man is an ARTISTE! That dish couldn't top the grand finale of antelope, butternut squash and white chocolate though - I'm sure reading this you think ewwwwwwwww, when I read the menu I was really skeptical about how it would work but it was the best three bites I've had in the past year. If that's not an endorsement I don't know what is.

Recommendation: Don't go see The Other Bolyen Girl, if you have read the books or are at all family with Elizabethan history you'll be irritated with the large portions of history that this movie glosses over and when you're in a movie where Scarlett Johanssen is the "other" sister you know the casting is all off. It just comes off as annoying rather than entertaining, if you do go just enjoy the SATC trailer - yay! Can't wait till it comes out in May.

No comments: