Friday, April 25, 2008

A Few Random Musings

So last post I said it looked likely that it was adios for the pooch but alas he's still with us and we are living life as doggie parents. I'm 75% happy that we've kept him, along when he was throwing up for six hours straight last week, including a moment when he got up on the couch just for the express intent of throwing up - that was really what sealed the deal for me, nothing says love like cleaning up another's vomit.

A must visit restaurant for all you Chicagoans is Mercat a la Planxa in the Blackstone hotel on south Michigan, a fabulous take on Catalan tapas, I am considering it my de facto job to spread the word on how delicious this place is. We did the tapas sharing thing and I was not disappointed with one dish, go for the classic croquetas, the squid and angel hair pasta in squid's ink, arroz with crab and quail egg (really just but a quail egg on anything and I'll eat it). The sangria is equal parts refreshing and strong and the decor and layout is modern, interesting and inviting to a night out on the town.

Other random points of the week, why do manicurists always have terrible nails? They never have them done, I realize they use their hands for work but you rarely see a hairstylist with ugly hair - manicurists of the world, give yourselves some love.

You'll also notice the fun new color scheme on the b to the l to the o to the g - I certain reader told me that the black background was burning his retinas so I decided not to force him into early Lasik surgery, consider this my good deed for the quarter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no posts in a month? boo hoo!

Anonymous said...

thank you! my eyes don't bleed any longer after reading your blog!